August 30, 2007

Uncle Jon Abroad

My brother-in-law, Jon was reenlisted this year to go back overseas. Needless to say, we were NOT happy. We miss him terribly, but know he is where is supposed to be for now. We are so proud of him. My kids LOVE looking at his pictures on his myspace account...although we don't read the captions out loud (gotta love Army guys!). Before he left for the mountainous country, he came with us over New Years to Florida. We had such a great time together. However, I decided not to take my digital camera out in sand in case something yucky happened to it. Instead, I took a trusty throw away film camera (insert laughter here). I've actually had some pretty good results with these in the past! When I went to Wal-mart to pick them up, they had lost them! I was devastated, as these were the only pictures I had taken the whole vacation! Well...last month I received a letter that they had found them! I couldn't believe it! So, I've scanned many of them and wanted to share them. They're completely crappy quality, but I don't even care...I'm just happy I have them! Enjoy! There will be more to come!


Ky with Uncle Jonny and Daddy


New Years at SKOB (Siesta Key Oyster Bar). Boy will be boys!

These two actually "cut" a CD at this little pub in Florida. They sounded awesome, but totally scared the crap out of the country folk. The sound people actually took the head phones off!

Xav and Jonny...he's so much bigger now!

2 comments:

  1. I totally know the Siesta Key Oyster Bar! We've been going to Siesta Key since I was a kid, I love it there...and I understand about not taking nice cameras near the sand...my Mom has ruined many this way! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this webpage when the boys were napping last week- and wanted to look a little closer! LOVE the pics from your trip with "Uncle Jonny"! You are such an awesome family (we already knew YOU were awesome- but consistently impressed w/ Josh and the kiddos!) I love you guys! Thanks for all you do!
    Love, Aunt Pud

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!