February 17, 2008

Sweet Boys

So my great friend Amie has the two most adorable twin boys! One looks just like Mommy and other just like Daddy. Their entrance into this world came with a bang and now they just turned one...giving Mommy and Daddy a run for their money! Although Amie would tell you I just went to the party for the candy buffet they offered to all the guests...btw, best idea ever...there were many other reasons. I met Amie at DePauw, but it wasn't until we shared our off campus experience in Australia that we became friends. We both loved photography and had a flare for the dramatic...but mostly we loved our "no class Wednesdays". This day consisted of us relaxing on the clear warm beaches and talking walks around Freemantle sipping iced coffees and experiencing life. Amie completely encourages me in any crazy idea that I have. Who doesn't want somebody around who is like that? She pushes me a bit farther every time. Her generousity overwhelmes me, for example, I always get PF Changes after having a baby...and lots of candy! Amie can pretty much do anything in my eyes...run a political campaign, join the air force, put antiques in a brand new home and make it look amazing, put together a business, and write, write, write. She was the first one who made me learn how to write (although I'm not too sure I'm doing it justice just now!). We made a documentary for our senior year thesis "paper" for our degree in Communications. I shot and edited the piece and Amie was the organizer behind everything. The experience was amazing and the documentary even aired on PBS. It has been my pleasure to watch her "become" a Mommy. Michael, her hubby, couldn't be a better fit. We can't get enough of him. He's that guy that makes you feel as if you're the only person in the room when you're talking to him. I'm pretty sure you've been a Daddy since birth dear Michael.

So my friends, here is a small glimpse of your celebration. Thank you for letting us in to your lives and loving us so well.

PS the piece at the bottom is the letter that Amie wrote to her boys for their birthday.


















February 11, 2008

To My Boys on Their First Birthday,

You become a mother. Not the moment your children are conceived. Or the moment of their birth. But over time. Motherhood is a painful and pleasurable process. It is truly an evolution.

Many parts make up the whole of who I am, but every day that I am in this world with you, I become more of a mother. You fill my days and you fill my heart. You, my twins are the very best thing that I will ever create in my life. Your twenty fingers and toes, your collective eight teeth, blond hair and bald head, your smiles and tears, your laughter and charm fill my life.

You both have learned so much this first year. But you have taught me more. I am already so proud of you and I am in awe of the individuals you are becoming. You make me laugh and you make me cry. I am so blessed to be on this journey of motherhood with you guys. Let’s hold hands and stick together and I will teach you and you will teach me.

When you were very little babies, still in the hospital your dad and I would read to you. The book we read the most was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. Townsend William Droese (Skinny) you are my green eggs and Finnegan Tru Droese (Chopper) you are most certainly my ham. I didn’t know it…how could I, but I like green eggs and ham…I do! I like them, Sam-I-am! And I would take you with me in a boat. And I would like to show you the goat. And I will shelter you from the rain. And comfort you in the dark. And take you on a train. And in a car. And help you climb a tree. You are so good, so good (most days) you see! So I will let you build a fort with a box. And I will take a picture of you with a fox. And I will play with you in our house. And I will tell you to be as quiet as a mouse (though I know you won’t oblige). And I will be with you here and there. Say! I will love you anywhere! I do so love green eggs and ham! Thank you! Thank you, Sam-I-am Will and Finn. Happy birthday boys.


Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. sigh. I love it when people can WRITE!:) Now I'm going to go off to a session with tears messing up my makeup. thanks a lot.:) hugs to you, girl.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sista! Can't wait to see you again soon. I know...isn't Amie an amazing writer. Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!