February 13, 2009

Family Vaca

Hola! Yes I mean Hello in Spanish...not Hollla as in What's Up in Ghetto :o) I'll admit it...it was really hard to be away from my phone and email for a whole week! My parents decided a few years ago that instead of spending load of money on Christmas presents, they would help everyone get to a warm location and spend a week with the fam. We love it! It's pretty much the only way Josh and I can travel and still have a some fun. This year we tried something totally different. We did an all-inclusive deal in Cancun, Mexico. Yes, my children are now international travelers! Wahoo! It was a bit windy the first few days, but then it warmed up towards the end. Ky is a total water bug and is super brave around the ocean (impressive, yet gives me heart palpitations!). Xavier finally warmed up to the beach on the last day due to Daddy's awesome castle-building abilities. Eli was hit or miss, although he DID love all the food :o) My brother, sister-in-law and I went to a Mayan Ruin one day. It was really awesome. One of the most exciting and random things that happened was that I saw one of my high school friends, Derek in the airport line at customs! Hello? Crazy! I love it when random small things like that happen. What a small world! I didn't take a ton of pics, but here are some of my favorites (more of the Mayan ruins soon...). Gracias!






7 comments:

  1. That last picture is so cute!!! Can't wait to see you here in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a horrible time! He he he. I love that pic of you and Josh! SO glad you could do that get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics of the kids on the beach. Kylie looks so happy dancing in the sand. Glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just in Cancun in Jan! I couldn't believe that the water was really that blue in person.

    I love the family picture. Did you take a tripod, or get a passer-by to snap the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, sister, we had a great time with you in Cancun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, I totally had some random person take the picture. I focus it and make them stand in my exact shoe imprint...it works about 50 % of the time :o) I couldn't handle the pressure of a tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kylie was cracking me up. She LOVES to dance around. Plus, she's a total water bug, so she was extra happy that day :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!