May 2, 2009

South Africa: Part 2

The clouds were still following us a bit today as we toured around Cape Town. We decided to go ahead and take the cable car up Table Mountain. It was completely misty when we first arrived, but then it cleared up. I loved how fast the clouds were moving and how warm the sunshine felt. We leave for our Safari and the Garden Route tomorrow after church. We are soooo excited!

PS I added some commentary to this post and my one yesterday:o)

I slowed down the shutter a bit to capture the movement of the water.


I was totally on a tree kick today...no clue why, but I love them so much here!


I don't think this one knows weather it's fighting to push to the right, or if it's just standing up and letting the wind blow freely in it's leaves. Hmmm...I feel like that sometimes too!


I had some time for prayer in these trees. It was super foggy, so I felt like I was in some dream world or something. Plus, it was really quiet. I loved it.


This is downtown Capetown





Going up in our cable car...doesn't look too promising up top does it!


I love how the city is peeking through the clouds. And I love my fisheye lens!


Don't worry...this is Mindy, NOT me. She's kinda a superstar gymnast.


Here's me with both feet on the ground :o) Just how I like it.


The girls being silly


Me and Nomi


Just as we were about to go back down, the clouds came back. Perfect timing for us.









5 comments:

  1. Wow. Incredible shots my friend. I am living vicariously through you I hope you know:) Looks soooo fun and relaxing...enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are incredible. It would be nice to travel around and come back with shots like that to hang up at art in the house. You are never cease to awe me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! You've got some BEAUTIFUL shots! Where are the lions though? I want a nice up-close action shot of one attacking you! =) But missing, of course. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! thanks so much for checking out the pics. I've taken a ridiculous amount of pictures...plus I just got back from a safari, so there are quite few more. Brian, we didn't get chased by a lion, but by an elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm diggin the trees shots, I've been feeling drawn to trees lately myself. I have my eye on one in particular that I can't wait to get images of. I'm sure they won't be anything compared to these, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!