May 7, 2009

South Africa: Parts 3, 4, and 5

We are leaving today and there are so many things to say...I think I will write so much more when I'm home and have had a 30 hour travel day to digest some of the powerful things I have seen and heard here. Until then, here are some pictures of our safari, our adventure through the garden route, sunset along False Bay, Cape Point, and The Cape of Good Hope...

ps there will be some exciting stories that I add to this post once I'm home (i.e. getting chaced by an elephant etc.)

Along the Garden Route at Wilderness









Safari at the Garden Route Game Lodge











































This was our tour guide...no I'm not joking. We paid very close attention...he knew everything about everything.























Sunset along False Bay and a look at some more penguins at Betty's Bay

This pic reminded me of my 3 :o)




















Our last chance to see The Point looked grim, but the clouds burned up just for us :o)



















11 comments:

  1. Breathtaking Kiera, such amazing images! I can't imagine what it must have been like seeing all of this up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had NO idea you were going to Africa! How awesome for you!!! Africa is close to my heart because my mom was born there and my g.parents were missionaries there for many years. Your pictures are amazing. I would love to hear some of your stories sometime...especially the one of you being chased by an elephant. ;) Safe travels and thanks for sharing some of God's amazing work seen through your eyes. Love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so...how do i order prints? can't wait to catch up:) safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful shots Kiera!!! Now get home and get back to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me, Kiera? Beautiful, inspiring photos! Now I definitely have the travel bug (as if I didn't have it already)! I'm so glad you had a great trip. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kiera! Beautiful, breathtaking photographs! When you become famous, I can say that I've had my photograph taken by you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the pictures, but how close were you to the lion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you covered a lot of ground in such a short time! I'm so pleased that you seemed to have had a great time. Now you understand why I tell everyone I meet in USA that my old home of Cape Town is one of the hidden gems of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pics are ridiculous kid!!! All I can say is WOW! I'm going to really pissed at you if you just took a bunch of shots of postcards in the giftshop and tried to act like you were that close to all of those animals!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!!! I am so jealous! We need to do lunch so I can hear all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!