February 15, 2010

Kiera's "The Basics Workshop" :: Indianapolis Photographer

SOLD OUT...thanks everybody!

I'm so excited to be offering two more classes this winter. I'm overwhelmed by the responses from the first workshop and I'm looking forward to teaching even more! The only thing that my first class wishes they had more of was time to shoot after the lessons. So, I'm adding an extra hour with a model to practice! I'm really excited about this. It will also give us more time for some q&a. All of the information is listed below. Please email me at kiera@kieraphoto.com to reserve your space. Please specify if you can do either day or only one day. I am capping each class to keep it small, so it's first come first serve. If you are interested, I am also offering very limited one on one sessions for $50 an hour. Thanks!


Here are some comments from the last workshop:

I just wanted to say thank you SO much for hosting such a wonderful workshop!! I learned SO much and can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your weekend to share your much coveted knowledge!! I have LOTS of practicing to do but the change in my photos is just amazing!! I look back at photos that I use to love and now they are just blah...I can pinpoint everything that I should have done and didn't because I didn't know how!! Thank you again for everything!! --Ashley

You really have a talent for teaching as well as taking pictures!

I had a great time and cant wait for more!!! --Lydia



Hi, Kiera! I just wanted to send you a personal note to tell you that I really enjoyed the workshop and got so much out of it! You thought of everything and the personal touches went a long way. You have a gift for teaching and I very much enjoyed it! What a great way to start learning manual! It was very much worth attending!
Thanks again! --Amber


Great job on Saturday. Your love for learning and teaching is evident --Jenny


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I so enjoyed meeting you and all the information that I was able to learn at the workshop. I can't wait to put the knowledge into practice. Please keep me in mind if you do a part 2 workshop as I would LOVE to attend. Thanks again for sharing your passion and gifts! --Amy


First off, the workshop was WONDERFUL! I have taken a continuing learning photography class through iupui a few years ago and I thought this class was more beneficial. The thing I absolutely loved was the reference sheets. I also teach 3rd grade and find I'm just as needy of visual aids and hands on materials as my students. So being able to talk about things and have you talk about your own pictures was handy, but to be able to go home with miniature reminders was awesome.
Your enthusiasm was contagious and I left with a thirst to take some pictures. The thing that really clicked with me today was the relationship between aperture and shutter speed. I've used my camera in AV mode many times but never understood how my camera was adjusting in order to achieve those results. --Michele

Kiera -
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to put together the workshop this weekend. I found it to be tremendously helpful!!! A few years ago, I took a class at the Indianapolis Arts Center and found your 3 hr workshop to be a lot more practical. If you do decided to have another one, I will be sure to recommend it to a few of my friends. --Missy

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to wait and see if you do more later. I'm gone both of those days. Bummer. Have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!