October 27, 2007

Mad Cow

So I've been thinking a lot about my "season of life" a term used by one of my Mom's in my classroom. I'm still kinda in survival mode since the birth of our third child in 3 years. However, I just love the moments that shine and your heart melts. It's that moment when you know the madness is all worth it.

My Mom was watching my kids the other night and asked my daughter where Mommy keeps her pajamas. My daughter replied, "In the dryer". No joke. I guess at this point I'm just happy they're clean!

After loading up my 2 older kids in the car, I realized I had forgotten something inside and went in to get it...literally 30 seconds or less. When I got back, my one and half year old had gotten out of his seat and made his way to MY seat (he loves buttons) and had a mouth full of banana Runts which I had weeded out of the box I had been snacking on (who likes banana candy?) As I was trying to make him spit them out, he just kept trying to chew them up faster so he didn't have to. After most were out of his mouth he just looked up at me with those big brown eyes and was smiling from ear to ear...stinker (apparently HE likes banana candy!) Yet another "Mother of the Year" award for me...

I was carrying my 3 month old, Eli, down the hall today after waking him from a nap. His legs still curl up when he's tired. I love that. Then, I had a future flash of him becoming this strapping young man much taller than me one day. So, I held on to those curled legs just a bit longer. I guess you just have to take life in strides and enjoy the moment you are in...and breathe in God's goodness.

Here are some pics from our costume party at my friend Lori's house. I literally found these costumes the day before the party (Ky's ballerina princess was about an hour before). I know in my head that one day I'll sew them perfect outfits...until then, enjoy these.

Lori...we had such a great time. Thank you so much for being such an amazing hostess! Can't wait to "craft"!







5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grumpy cow photos....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously I love the banana runts. They should make a box of just the banana. Give a call sometime. Later tator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would! Apparently many people like banana runts?! Who knew? I still stand by my opinion though :) By the way, if you're in Florida right now, I'm mad at you...and your tan self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah not in Florida...not yet anyway. Going on the 1st of Jan for a week. Whole fam. Go figure. Can't wait. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!