March 19, 2008

Picture Parties! Wahoooo!!!

I've had this idea to do a Picture Party for quite some time now. Basically, someone hosts at their home and invites 3 or 4 friends with kids. I set up something very simple yet fun and have a mini photo shoot of each family. I set up an online viewing gallery for each family and they each receive a gift certificate to use towards the photo shoot. That's it. Something simple. Something fun. No obligations (I don't like feeling that either!). I enjoy it because I'm meeting new Mommies and kiddies, and I get to take fun pictures. The Mommies enjoy it because it's a play date and they get some pics. And the host really likes it because I give her lots of special things for hosting. It's a win-win-win situation.

This Friday was no exception! After much encouragement from some of my friends, I went for it! It was awesome! My great friend Lori hosted the event. She even made muffins and had snacks out for the kiddies. It all worked out so perfectly. She invited 3 amazing and talented (more to come on this) girlfriends that each had 2 kids. The kids just played together and then casually came over to me for some pictures! Lori had the idea to make it an Easter Party theme (she's full of good ideas). I brought some props...IE baskets, pink boas, eggs etc. And the Mommies brought the kids dressed up in Easter outfits. It was about 2 hours total.

I think I may do this a few times a year, unless the demand is more. If you are interested in knowing more or hosting a party, please contact me and we can set something up! If you have any theme ideas let me know. It's first come, first serve. Yay!


It was so hard to just pick a few to show, so here's a little slide show of everyone together. Enjoy :o)


This song's for you Allie!

6 comments:

  1. How about a party somewhere in the great northwest>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through my sister who attended the Finnegan wedding. Your photos of that event were gorgeous! I'm interested in some information re: this picture party. I live in a suburb of Chicago, very near O'Hare airport. Can you give me some information re: pricing if you're willing to take a trip to Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikey...you know I would be on the next plane out west if I could. SO wish I could just come over to play with your sweet babies. Thanks for all your encouragement. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabriella,

    I'd LOVE to come to Chi-town! I'll email you with some more information! Thanks for checking out the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kiera! I'd really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabriella, could you send me your email when you get a chance...I can't seem to get on your blogger account. You can just fill out the contact page on my website. www.kdphotography.net Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!