March 31, 2008

1 Day, 2 Birthdays, 3 Suprises!

I ran for 2 whole hours on Saturday morning. Not a bad way to start off your birthday (wha??) My friends Kari and Jen made me do the whole thing. It was actually pretty awesome when I was done. It was the first time I felt like I could possibly run the Mini and finish it without keeling over! See before and after pictures below.
BEFORE:


AFTER:


Not only was it my birthday but it was also Xavier's! Yup, I gave birth on my birthday a couple of years ago. He was a pretty great present. Below he has on his birthday crown from school...and he's very happy about it. Don't ask about the pants...


Then best part of the day was that my hot husband totally surprised me all day. We went out to lunch, saw a movie (kid free...thanks Mom!), then my Mindy (yes, she's my Mindy) picked me up right when we got home and took me to a spa! Josh had it all secretly taken care of. Manicure, pedicure and massage! Holla. As if that wasn't enough, he then planned a girls' night out for me. My friend Anne, joined me and Mindy (the people I spend most of my time with)for dinner at The Capital Grill. This is a big deal. We spend so much time together, but rarely ever finish a complete sentence. It was fun to just be girls together and not Mommies. The restaurant took such good care of us. They had amazing service and just went above and beyond with everything. And the food was delicious! We ended up at Nicky Blaine's for a couple of martinis afterwards. I highly recommend the blueberry Pomegranate martini. Mmmm...yummy. What a day! I was pretty tired Sunday, but it was worth it. Joshy did good.

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday girl! it was such a delight to meet you at OSP Indy...i feel like if we lived in the same town we'd be amazing friends...so fun to hear you were celebrated well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly. I definitely feel the same way! Moving to Indy anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!