January 27, 2008

Music!

So I went over to my neighbor's house the other night to download some music for my NEW mp3 player. And when I say new...I mean my first one (insert gasp here). Since I've started running (a whole 35 minutes today) I decided it was time to make a running play list (please send any good songs my way). Then I started to think about how much music transforms me, how much it moves me, how many memories it brings back to me. The other Sunday we sang It is Well with My Soul and I just started tearing up. I love old hymns! I particularly love it when you hear a song and you are immediately taken back to a place and time. When I Hear Whiskey in a Jar and The Gambler I think about the time I lived in Australia. When I hear anything from the Proclaimers or Robbie Williams I think about my life in Scotland. I was teaching third grade when 9-11 came to us. When I hear Allan Jackson's song, Where Were you When the World Stopped Turning, I go right back to my little brown trailer with my 3rd graders. Oh What a Night, soccer at DePauw, Like a Prayer dancing at The Pub, Mr.Jones spring break '94...wahoo! Are you thinking about any songs right now? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

5 comments:

  1. Hey Keira! I am running now too and am up to 30 mins. I can only get two miles in during that amount of time...but, until 3 weeks ago, I couldn't even run a whole mile. Anyway, I have some great workout mixes I'd love to share with ya! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian S. here
    Dust in the wind....some reason thats my 9/11 song. Kept listening to it the whole time dad was there.

    For running...check out Dropkick Murphys song "Im shipping up to Boston." Great song. You might recognize it from the movie Departed.

    Later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, you may run so hard as soon as you hear it that you might not have anything left in the tank. In that case try Peter Frampton's "Do you feel like we do" That will take care of at least a mile and a half. That song is like thirteen minutes long.

    Sorry for the double post. At the FH and caught a run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandy, keep up the good work girl! I have a two hour run I HAVE to do this weekend. I hope I make it out alive! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BS...he he he...I like saying that. Fo sho on the Dropkick song. Gets me going every time. I think any 13 minute song is WAY past my attention span (imagine that). So good to see you at St. Patty's celebration. Love the CD. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!