March 9, 2009

Will and Finn Turn 2!!!

My great friend, Amie, wrote the following poem for her twin boys.  As you read, think about a young mom, who happens to sound a bit lit Drew Berrymore,  and the struggles/adventures a mama has with little ones...

take 2 and call me in the morning

not 1
but 2
always 2
2 babies into 2 boys
2 years to mark the passage of the days
you've grown up and out 
and i have grown in 
to a mother

2 ways to show
your love and to show your displeasure
we dance and laugh
you read and write
and eat all of your dinner
and watch with bright blue eyes
the world around you
and the other
your head with less hair fits perfectly
into the corner of my neck 
the way you stomp your feet
when you are pleased
and say nigh nigh when the
day is done
makes me want 
to do it all over again

we are good and bad
moments i wish i could pick up and put
into a box
to take out later
later i will laugh
because now i am mad and busy and preoccupied
with getting through the day
such is the way with 2
but 2 is better than 1
there is no other way
for me
but with 2

i love you both in 
ways i cannot say
i am you and you are me and
i need you and you need me and
i am a mother for 2 years today
and i am blessed
happy 
birthday 
boys




Check out one of Amie's super cool tables.  She and her mom have a booth at Midland Arts and Antiques...they're superbad...like the kind of decorators that people should hire!
Photobucket

I love the "stealer" in this picture :o)
Photobucket

Amie's laugh is contagious! 
Photobucket


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. i LOVE them!!!...can't wait to see more...thanks again for celebrating the boys' birthday with us...a.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!