July 2, 2010

Painfully Hilarious :: Indianapolis Photographer

So I finally took the plunge. We signed up for an organized sport! Ky and Xav are on the same team and it's only one day a week. SOLD! Plus it's on the same field where I first started playing :o) The first play a little boy took the ball away from Kylie and she just stood there and looked at me like, "This guys just took the ball away from me!?" Xav just stood and watch the whole thing happen and didn't even move. I never thought about it, but you kind of have to teach your kid to be "mean" compared to what you've always told them..."share" "take turns" "don't swipe" etc. Now I find myself yelling, "steal the ball" "break away by yourself" "get him out of the way". It took about 5 minutes for me to become "one of those Moms!" By the end, Kylie was picking flowers and dancing around not paying attention to the ball or the teammates around her and Xavier was literally pushing people down to get the ball and got mad because he didn't score at the end. Oh boy!

So, as a mama who played soccer her whole life, it was painful to watch since neither one of them had a clue of what to do and I know they could do it if they just had more understanding. And it was hilarious for the same reasons.

One day...

Talking...I know, weird?!


Thinking about how he's going to score!


Dancing with friends...


Just a bit outside!


Ummm...more dancing :o)


1 comment:

  1. Seriously... LOVE. And we totally understand your predicament. My little lady conducted a 20-minute monologue her first day of soccer. Kick the ball? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!