January 6, 2009

Have you ever had one of those moments...

when you think to yourself..."I'm getting old". Well, they seem to be a bit more frequent these days... unfortunately. I had a big smack in face a couple of weeks ago when I walked into Josh's family Christmas and his little second cousin (who is a tween) had on a sweater that I had just bought the month before...hmmm...luckily I didn't have it on in that moment.

Although I must admit I'm not a huge fashionista, part of me felt a little proud that I was on the right track ;o) he he he

And just to make you laugh a bit, I put some pics of me in all my glory. Boom. Yes, those eye brows are real people...nobody took me aside and told me to halve them until I was 22. Luckily I grew up in the 80s, so it was only embarrassing for half my life :o)

Let's start on a positive note.  I LOVE this picture for 3 reasons. 1.) I'm wearing a home-made dress  2.) This is a great angle to really appreciate my chili bowl hair cut (which I still have nightmares about) and 3.) I was always around Dad's photography/camera equipment/dark room etc!


Note the skinned knee...I was such a tom-boy.  I am impressed that my Mom got me to wear a dress though...and again, the hair and home-made outfit.  



My brother invited me to a his college formal when I was just in High School.  It was possibly the coolest thing a brother could do.  I took my date (who shall remain nameless, as I'm sure he'd like it) and had so much fun!  Thank you hot rollers, and don't you just love the shoulders on this dress!

Really? A hat?  Obviously I was a freshman and didn't know any better.  Although that initiation night I'm pretty sure I had a whole bottle of Boones "wine"...I said I didn't know any better...

I had to put proof in here that I did improve a bit.  Note: pearls and dress were both borrowed, as was the makeup :o)


Junior High Pictures are banned for now :o)

4 comments:

  1. While you may look back at those pictures and think of what a dork you were- I look at them and remember how cool I always thought you were and how I hoped to be just like you! That's the cousin I love and have always admired!

    Love you!
    Pud

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I really like the hat...can I borrow that for WPPI? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely wore a hat to some function during our freshman year at DPU. I'm pretty sure the outfit also involved suspenders... YIKES! I have the kiwi to prove it...so you weren't the only one!! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara D. I'm pretty sure I remember the suspenders, and was secretly coveting them. Maya...sorry the hat is no more :o)

    Pud...my cup runneth over. You are the little sister I never had growing up. This past year, I've admired how brave and courageous you've been. I think you've always had it in you...but it has been a privilege to see it come to fruition. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!