January 27, 2009

Conversations with Kylie: Number 1,492,641

So Josh and I are really trying to be better at feeding our kids lots of veggies. I'm a super picky eater, and Josh isn't, but I'm the cook, so our dinners lack originality sometimes (most times). This being said, our dinner last night consisted of parmesan pork loin, tortellini, broccoli with cheese and grapes (I was impressed with myself, I'm not going to lie). It was so great to have everyone sitting down at the table as a family and then see the look on my children's faces...total disgust. I think the Christmas Story Song came to mind, "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf, I hate meatloaf." Motherhood is so rewarding. I am happy to say that they ate everything on their plate...for the most part...Kylie ended up going to bed early due to a bad attitude. You win some you lose some.

Here is where the title of this post comes into play. The next morning during breakfast, Kylie reminds all of us of last night's dinner. [Side Note: Ky is smarter than all of us, so when she says something a little off, it's so funny because it never happens] First picture a 4 year old with a little scrunched up puggy nose and a very serious tone.

"I think I have an ear collection cause of that celery I had to eat last day. It was the worst dinner ever that celery and ham. Disgusting.
Read: I'm making up having an ear infection due to the reality that my parents are now going to make me eat green things.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Have you tried the Deceptively Delicious cookbook? I've got it more for Pat than Zane! It's pretty good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie is all-knowing and wise. I would like to apply to be her student in the school of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to give her credit for knowing that if something made her sick, she wouldn't have to eat it again. That was really cute!
    Tell her Aunt Bev hated broccoli until I tasted it in college and now it's my favorite. (Eldon still won't eat it.) How can you not like celery? It has no flavor.
    Aunt Bev and Uncle Eldon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maya...have it...for me and for them. I just haven't taken the plunge yet :o)

    LarKar, there is a waiting list at the moment, but I will put you at the top of it...

    Aunt Bev, I think she was calling the broccoli celery...lumping all green things together. Josh was the same way as you with it...this gives me hope :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!