January 2, 2009

Grand Cayman: Day 4

Sorry this took a bit longer: reality of laundry and 3 toddlers sunk back in...humph
Photobucket

Day O' Fun
A large group of us that were still on the island went out on a boat (thanks Mr. Keith!) to play with the stingrays and swim with the reef fish...it was rough :o)  I bought an underwater container for my little point and shoot camera.  It was super fun to play around with...I even got some shots that turned out!

Stingray City was our first stop.
Larry conquered his "fear" of the stingrays and I have proof of it (see below)! We were in about 3-4 foot deep water and the stingrays would come up to your feet and swim by.  They were beautiful.  The guide was making everyone kiss the stingrays, whether you liked it or not :o)  Josh and I passed, but I'm pretty sure we were the only ones.  Everywhere I looked, I just saw blue skies.  It was so beautiful!  Just when I thought we were on our way back, I found out we had one more destination:

Snorkeling!
Unbeknownst to me, I snorkeled with a shark.  Let's just say I'm happy that I found out about it AFTER I got back on the boat!  Snorkeling was super fun.  Josh is a pro at it, so I have lots of fun pictures of him as he swam underneath me and scared the crap out of me!  On a more serious note, I absolutely loved the quietness of snorkeling.  I loved stopping over a big piece of coral, and just waiting.  Sure enough, something beautiful would come into focus that I didn't see before.  I especially love how everything works together in the reef.  The little fishes have each other's backs...and I like that.  I took some video as well with my little camera.  The quietness of being under the water is amazing.

On our way back to shore, the clouds came out as it neared sunset.  I love clouds. Keith and Judy...thanks again for taking such good care of all of us!

Here is Lar's first attempt to "get close" to the stingrays
Photobucket

Here's the real deal.  Well done.  Well done.
Photobucket


I had too many favorites, so I had to make another slide show :o) Enjoy by pressing the play button on the bottom left!


New Year's Eve came about 4 days too late for everyone.  We had all been up pretty late every night, so we decided to take the party to the beach after we found out that our "happening" bar, wasn't so happening.  (I think the exact words our waitress told me was, "Yeah, I hope we close right after midnight so I can go have some fun.  This place is usually dead by then...")  Luckily for us, it was amateur fire works night right where we were sitting.  These guys literally had fireworks going off for almost an hour!  We all just byob to the beach and relaxed with one another.  My trusty point and shoot wasn't so trusty with NO lighting.  So I played around a bit, and this is what I got:  Happy New Year Everyone!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This trip looks so fun!!! Look at you Mrs. Daring swimming with sharks! You don't have to tell everyone you didn't know about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maya! It WAS so fun. I try to be daring all the time :o) well.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiera...
    It's Chris, from the wedding...the best dude to be exact. I posted a link to your blog on my blog. Since the wedding I took some photo classes and I am trying to get a little more involved w/ it, The blog was just started...
    www.cjbphoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!