May 13, 2010

South Africa: This Time Last Year

This time last year one of my besties, Mindy, and I were in South Africa. I can't help but to have a big cheeser on my face when I even think about it. What amazing scenery (see below!) and what fascinating complicated history. I feel as though SA changed me for the better. Conversations that we had with the locals will forever stay with me. I'm even posting, for the first time, a few from the orphanage that we visited

The best part, however, was staying with my soul sister, Naomi. We met when I lived in Scotland and have remained friends for last 10 year (OH MY...has it been that long!!!) She is one of the most amazing people I've ever met. Any of my friends that meet her always remember her and ask about her. She's one of those women that you meet and you somehow always feel calm and encouraged after talking with her. Well...she just traveled to the USA and spent some time with our family...yaye for the Dubachs! Below are some pics I took while playing around on the porch. LOVE THEM. My children adore her and ask about her often. We loveyoumeanit Aunt Nomi :o)

Here to you and your current country of residence :o)
























































































1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE those scenic photos! You really captured the color and life of South Africa! (I'm only guessing since I've never been, but I feel like that's how I always imagined it would be!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!