April 13, 2008

Elizabeth Grace

My cousin Matt and I are only a few months apart. We fought like cats and dogs growing up...and loved every minute of it. It's funny what you remember when your younger...bits and pieces of what you think happened. I, unfortunately, have a few film negatives that prove I was the pushy one. Matt's the one with the gentle spirit. See small or huge collage below:



Photobucket

Now he's this great man devoted to his amazing family. He and his wife, Sarah, and his first born, Ava, now live in Michigan. Kylie and Ava are definitely kindred spirits (apparently first born girls stick together). During Christmas 2006, Sarah and I were so excited to find out that we were pregnant at the same time. I was due about 2 weeks before her August due date. We talked about having a boy vs.a girl and what a surprise both of them were :o)

I believe it was early April when we got the call that Sarah had gone into the hospital with complications. It's in that moment when your heart drops to your stomach and you drop to your knees in prayer. It was especially difficult for me knowing that this very thing could happen to me at any moment as well.

We waited for phone calls, emails, anything that would keep us updated. Finally we heard that they couldn't keep the baby inside Sarah any longer. Sarah finally delivered a little girl 4 months early. I don't want to give too much away, as I'd love for you to view the video below. March of Dimes is dear to their hearts, as it is ours. I hope this video inspires you. I hope it reiterates the possibility of miracles...as that is what our Elizabeth Grace very plainly is:

2 comments:

  1. Kiera~ oh my goodness....i'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. what a miracle. thank you for sharing this inspiration for the march of dimes...all the best.
    ~ss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna! You're about the 5th person to write to me saying the same thing. I'm so happy that such a little person can give such big inspiration! Thinking about you lots too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!