April 8, 2008

The Love of Community

Ahhh...hibernation is over. Streets and alleys come alive. Grills are firing up. Cobwebs are coming off the bikes. Canvas chairs are found in the garage. Plastic plates adorn the patio table. The park one street over is excited to see us. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I always say that I live the ghetto...I even grew up on the "east side". But the way I talk about these things are in jest. I absolutely love where I live. I grew up in a neighborhood where everyone knew everyone, trick or treating was even safe all night (we took around pillow cases as bags...have I mentioned my sweet tooth?)and I loved it. Now, I love that my children know their neighbors, and that we hang out together all the time. We have dinner outside together several times a week in the summer. People just walking by end up staying for hours. I love this time of year. I was sitting on my neighbor's big swing with Eli on Sunday and I was overcome with what the feelings of true community bring to the soul. The kids were all playing in the yard, the adults were talking about every topic. Josh and I know that it won't always be like this...people move, things change...but for now, I love my neighborhood. One of the first slideshows I put together was about my neighborhood, at the end of last summer. I can't wait for this summer and what joy it will bring to our whole family. We were created to live in community...and I know why.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Playing in mud puddles
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Throwing rocks and doing boy things
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Just playing together! I've been waiting for this one!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Eli's first real summer...squinty eyes and a snotty nose. ps like josh's handlebars?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



3 comments:

  1. I insist that Josh rock the handlebars when he's at our wedding in December! Staches are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I tell you how excited we are to take your pictures in December...especially after we saw the video. You are a couple after our own hearts! Can't wait to sing with you! Grand Caymans here we come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!