December 13, 2008

Kiera vs. the Postpartum Closet

It was time. The standoff had been going on for the past 4 years...seriously. It's hard on a body to gain and kinda lose 35 pounds every year for the past 4 years. I have about 5 different pant and bra sizes (sorry Joshy)! Today was the day. Enough is enough, I was going to win this battle, even if it meant letting go of those cute little pants I wore so many years ago! These hips aren't going back to my college days. I'm down to my pre-prego weight and I'm working on those last 5 L-Bs, to look decent for some upcoming vacations. I'm working out 3-4 times a week and I'm not eating every piece of chocolate that I see. My muscles will reappear one day...I just know it :o)

I wish you could have been there with me. It was amazing. I had every size of everything in the "black hole" as my husband calls it (his side is always neat and orderly...grrrr). It was fun to try on jeans that finally just slid right off of me. And it was sad that some not only still didn't fit, but actually helped the muffin-top to reemerged. ugh.

This is how it began:
Photobucket


Apparently, I did NOT need to buy those khakis the other day...I have quite a few! And yes, some still have the sale tags on them.
Photobucket

So long elastic pants!  There was nothing like eating a big meal while have you around my prego waist.
Photobucket

Yes, you read right...1995.  Although this event and year don't seem that long ago in my Kiera head, it was actually 13 years ago.  I don't even want to talk about it.
Photobucket

I have actually had these pair of pants since high school (hey, they're perfect for a snowy day!).  The sad part is that I remember getting this tear during one of my classes at WC on the desk I was sitting at.  This was, of course, sans paint...that came later.
Photobucket

Ahh....the finished product. Not bad...
Photobucket

Now on to the shoes...
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. GASP! WHO CAN LIVE IN A CLOSET LIKE THAT? Give me a day in your house and you wouldn't know what came over you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! How many pairs of tennis shoes do you need?? HAHA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sne...I have all weekend open baby...come on over!

    Kim...some of those are my hubby's...but not THAT many :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clothes are much easier to part with than shoes! :) Good work...I so need to do this to my closet so I stop putting things on that make me mad! Why do we put them back in the closet?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!