June 3, 2008

Xavier being 2

We were in the Emergency Room this Sunday with our Xavier...not quite how I wanted to spend a Sunday afternoon. He was playing out in the garage and figured out how to turn on the grinding wheel (could you even ask for a more horrible name?!). He put his little thumb in there. Josh came into the house and said we needed to go to the ER. He had been out mowing earlier, so I just calmly asked if everything was still attached. He said yes, so I got into this teacher mode and grabbed everything we needed (except a diaper of course). This all happened during nap time, but Xav was so brave. The whole top of his thumb looked like an episode from _____(fill in your favorite hospital show here). Although he has a slight fracture on his knuckle, none of the tendons on the sides of his thumb were damaged, which help to bend the thumb. Josh didn't let him go the whole time in the hospital. The hand surgeon performed surgery in the ER, it was a huge blessing that he didn't have to go into an operating room. He fell asleep during the surgery :)

We're amazed how quick a 2 year adapts without the basic use of one hand. He's back to pushing more buttons (not on heavy machinery this time), jumping on the couch, and saying, "I want," instead of, "May I"...2 year old stuff. I'll take that any day.

Squeeze somebody you love a little harder and a little longer today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kiera, I'm so glad he's okay. Poor little man!! Going to hug my kids hard today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch!
    poor little guy and mom and dad too. There isn't much worse than watching your baby hurt.
    Happy that you are all healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!!! I (Matt) have grazed a thumb on a belt sander before and imagine that this was exponentially more painful. I'm glad it didn't get mangled too bad.

    Ava says to tell Xavier to put lots of band aids on his owie. That makes her boo boos feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!