April 27, 2009

Melt My Heart Twins...

I'm leaving for South Africa tomorrow, but I just had to do one more post before I left.  This sweet Mama and I have been trying to plan a session since February.  Her babies have been in and out of the hospital, so we've had to reschedule a few times.  Needless to say, these two stole my heart right away.  Trying to slow down 2 one year olds who just learned to walk was out of the question...so I ran with them.  They're fast. 

I love documenting life as it is. I think it helps us to remember what life is at this exact moment...not perfect.  Not necessarily bad, just the daily grind of funny things that happen, frustrating monotonous routines, soul wrenching looks of love, bear hugs that don't let go.  Just life.  I feel like I captured a glimpse of that below.  Wet eyelashes from a quick cry, pacifiers...because sometimes Mommy just wants to breathe!, movement because life flies by, G-tubes because God gives us what we can handle, and eating puffs off the carpet because that's the only way we could keep them still for a second :o)  I hope you enjoy some of this family's moments of life.













I LOVE these eyelashes!




Everyday play













I love the movement of this picture!






Nothing slows this little man down!







3 comments:

  1. So as we sit at Riley waiting to see what is next I checked my facebook and this is what I found!!!!! You know this made me smile yet cry... You caught his gtube in a beautiful way!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have done so many feedings, just like that!! Our Libby has a G-tube as well, which is going to be removed in 2 weeks. She's had it since she was 4 months old, and it's so weird that it won't be a part of her anymore...I love that you got those shots! And I love even more that this family wanted it done that way...awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Made me cry, more importantly, made me realize that my days aren't so long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!