June 21, 2009

Hot & Steamy: Jess and Mario

Not only were these two hot and steamy, but it was literally...hot and steamy. It was like 90 degrees all day, and we ALL loved it when a gust of wind would go by :o) I had not one, but two, rock star photographers with me, Kurtis and Jeff. I felt like I was being taken care of all day. Kurtis and I were talking about how fun it is to second shoot with someone...no pressure, just have fun. And I even think it makes you think outside the box a bit more. They both captured Mario and Jessica so well!

I fell in love with Jess and Mario back during their engagement session. I was looking forward to their day at the Mavris and just spending time with these to laid back super fun people. Mario and the guys were totally rocking it. It was the first Thriller dance re-make picture I'd ever taken. Plus, they jumped higher than most, majorly GQed it, AND were up for anything! The girls, looked radiant in their yellow dresses with hot pink roses. Jess had the perfect pair of yellow shoes (that took FOR.EV.ER to finally find) and yellow roses to match. Super cute.

Here are just a few that me and guys took on Saturday. With a slideshow at the end. Enjoy!


As I said before, one of my favorite parts of shooting with another photog (in this case two) is to see what in the world I am doing and then seeing the same pose from different angles. Here are some pics the guys got of me, and what my results were:

The "Thriller" Piece
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sassy girl walk
Photobucket

My View
Photobucket


Jeff's view
Photobucket

The only problem with seeing yourself in photos is that certain songs come to mind, such as, "What you gon' do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?..." And, there is issue of something trying to escape from my belly button?
Note to self: don't where this outfit again.
Photobucket

I digress...here's the after shot...cool Mario...
Photobucket



Pose 1: My view
Classic creamy light+gorgeous bride= happy photographer
Photobucket

Pose 1: Kurtis View
...favorite! Love everything about this picture
Photobucket

Pose 1: Jeff's View
Photobucket

Pose 2:
My view...this is my signature doorway look, just under a bridge instead :o) Plus, we were all really trying to catch the wind here...I think we did it!
Photobucket

Pose 2:
Kurtis' View
Photobucket

Pose 2: Jeff's View
...love the composition here
Photobucket



More just for fun...
Photobucket

Shhhh...
Photobucket

Game time: GQ anyone?
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

These two had THE most amazing eyes. I did Carter's pictures last year. He's getting SO big!
Photobucket

This just screams HAPPY to me :o)
Photobucket

We were about 5th in line at The Circle to take pictures. There were bridal parties all lined up. So, I decided to take them farther down. I like the look better!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Yes....Hi.lar.i.ous!!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


It was finally cool enough to back outside :o)
Photobucket




Just hit the play button in the bottom left had corner :o)

5 comments:

  1. Phew! I'm just relieved one of my pics was used. I was a little worried about that. Didn't have many to choose from. I love the one with the jogger. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rock! Of course I like the ones with the 2 year old best ;) Salt in the wound that you weren't available for mine!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm diggin' those guys shots! Beautiful work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jeff....the jogger shot is hilarious! I also love Kurtis' shot of the bride under the bridge. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! I love your creativity, and totally cracked up at the shot with the runner. Classic. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!