May 8, 2008

HAIR: cut, chop, slice, butcher, sever, slash

Let me just preface this post by admitting, yes, I'm a dork. Yes, I thought this through. And yes, self-portraits are hard to take (see below!). I've been wanting to get my hair cut and colored for a while now. My stylist, Melissa, has been along my side for over 8 years now! I love her. She always takes such great care with me. And I totally admire her as she just started her own business! Just check out my site for more of her information. I was supposed to go in last week, but the Mini threw everything off and I knew I just needed that ponytail to survive!

It's weird to think that some of you only know me with short hair (post college, pre-babies), and some of you only know me with longer hair (pre-"adult" life, post babies). And then there are those fortunate few that have been with me through the good times and the bad (remember the perms, the bouffants...and the ever classic 80's chili bowl!?)

Well, today was the day to start fresh! I decided to do some before/after pictures. My favorite "before" pictures are when the woman is slouched over with no makeup on and looks like she's about to kill someone. Her "after" pictures are when she's sitting up straight with a big smile on her face and has had her make up done by Glamour shots! I tried to do it that way, but I freaked myself out after looking at the yucky picture! Here are a few of my shots today. Apparently I should have wiped the goo off the mirror before taking the pictures...



6 comments:

  1. so sassy and fresh! way to rock it out girl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi honey! Thanks! I had a couple moment yesterday when I looked in the mirror and surprised myself that my hair was short! I'm excited that you tagged me! More on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! :) It brings out the angles in your cheekbones very nicely. how's it going, girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. You are one hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! Must be easier to deal with as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!