October 28, 2009

Red Chair Rue :: Senior Picture Photographer





So I've been taking lots of senior pictures and having a blast with each and every one. Behind the scenes I've really been challenged to create an entire brand for my senior business. I decided to work with the talented Patrick Laurent of Patrick R Laurent designs He was amazing and really made me think about what I love and how to get that across to all of you! Finding a name was the hardest part, by far, and that one he left up to me and rightfully so. A big thanks to all my friends who helped hold my hand through this process. Your encouragement and ideas were unbelievable. I finally decided on Red Chair Rue. Of course, there is a story here. Rue came about because I REALLY wanted to use the word alley in the name. It represents downtown and urban, plus it's where my family and friends hang out the most together...an urban dwellers backyard of sorts. However, alley brought WAY too many other conotations and so I went with Rue (French for street) instead. I did take French in school, but it pretty much ends there unless you want to know what time it is or how to ask where the bathrooms are. I digress...

Ahhh, my red chair. I love my red chair. Those of you who have been following my blog may have noticed that my little red chair pops up in many of senior pictures. I rescued it from imminent death by large trash day. Who could throw something so cool away? As soon as I saw it I loved it. I love that someone else saw yucky and I saw texture, vibrant color and potential. I think some people may view downtown like my chair, but I see all of its stories, wear and life. That's why I love taking urban pictures and that is why I picked Red Chair Rue for my new Senior Picture Business.

The website is being worked on behind the scenes at the moment. The big unveiling will be this winter sometime, but you can click here for current information. Until then, here is a sneak peek of the logo I will be using :o)


2 comments:

  1. Cute name, Kiera. Don't forget to trademark it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I kept reading. Sorry! Just too impatient I guess. I love the new brand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!