August 19, 2009

Another great post

Not mine :o) I just got done reading yet another great post from my friend Sara about the first day of school. I constantly struggle with realizing that it's actually now MY responsibility to make traditions for our family not my moms (yes, I'm a little slow!). Now Sara is super crafty, which, in my defense, I think I could totally be if I didn't have some sort of undiagnosed ADHD. This being said I hold her in the same realm that my daughter holds Cinderella... a dream world that you may never get to...

Which brings me to the point of this post. I don't have too much time as of late to surf around on blogs, unfortunately (I could spend days doing this my friends) but if I do, this is the one I go to in order to find peace of mind. I'm sure Sara is laughing at that statement because most of what she is writing about is loosing her mind with 4 little kids. But to me, it is a place of comfort, honesty and relief. Relief in knowing I'm not alone in this thing called "motherhood with small children". So thank you sweet Sara for being raw and real about struggles and celebrations. For fighting for your kids' hearts and lifting them up in very concrete (and crafty) ways. And for giving me some good ideas for traditions along the way.

Check out this link to see exactly what I'm talking about...

And a few pictures from my iphone for good measure:

Waiting for the bus with our neighbor on the first day.


Xavier NOT getting off the tractors at the fair. He was in heaven!


Because this is how we roll on the East Side. Holla.


Fun time with our cousins at the Children's Museum. He really was smiling most of the day :o)


Xav wanting to play Kylie's new princess game. On his "little" ears, the jewelry was just too much.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement. I know Sara Really appreciates it and is greatly humbled.

    P.S. Great Pics. You truly have a talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!