August 17, 2009

The Clarks :: Indianapolis Children's Photographer

Where do I begin? Ben and I were on the same floor freshman year. We were instant friends. We would quote Forrest Gump and sing to the Bare Naked Ladies. He was a professional jump roper, I was not :o) We knew a lot of the same people and loved to laugh...a lot. So, when he married Krista, I was sooo excited! Two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. Krista and I met in high school at Girls State...Go Cahill! I'm pretty sure I was president of the Senate? I digress... she is hilarious. Period. We've kept in touch through Facebook and reunions.

Ben has spent his summers up on Lake Gage in Angola, Indiana all his life. He and Krista now own their own super awesome cottage on a lake with his sister and her husband. Now they both have 2 year olds. When Krista asked me if I could come up and take pics of the fam on the lake, I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it this summer. But then the craziest thing happened, I had a wedding in Michigan this past weekend, and their cottage was right on the way up, like literally, directly of I-69! What are the chances! So the second shooter for my wedding, the amazing Megan King, and I spent the night and the next morning we took some family pictures before we left for the wedding in Michigan. We had such a great time reminiscing about our time at DePauw. It was such a joy to meet his sweet son and to see both of their personalities in him. What fun!

Here are a few of my favorites that show Milo's personality, with a slideshow to show the grandparents :o) The song is in honor of your freshman roommate Benny :o)

Love you guys. Thanks for your encouragement and support!





Ben built this "deck dock" and it's awesome!




LOVE this one!


Is this Scoop? I was getting them confused :o)



I believe this was called the "elbow dance". Sweet.



Maggie starting to smile...wahoo! She totally worked it after this!



Favorite



Another favorite.



The luckiest man in the world...





Just press the play button on the bottom left of the slideshow to see Kiera and Megan's pictures!

4 comments:

  1. kiera,. The pictures are wondrful and so much fun. You are amazing. Ii can' t believe you got those pictures even after maggie wo9uldn't cooperate. Krista is right You do a wondrful job Thank you so much., mary jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiera, it was so neat to watch a real professional at work. The pics are unbelievable. You really captured their personalities.

    Len

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow the kids are getting so BIG!

    Alika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, my kid is smiling in a picture! Great job, Kiera!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!