August 17, 2009

Family Update

Well...life as we know it has changed. Our first born started kindergarten last week! Ahhh! She seems to love it thus far (it's only been 3 days). We decided to take advantage of the bus on the second day. She loved it! How cool is it to ride a bus when you're young?! Luckily our neighbor, who is also in kindergarten, rides it with her. I felt like I was prepared, but I now realize that I was NOT. I don't have a routine put in place for after school, night time, before school etc. My poor boys don't know what is happening either. They've never been separated from Kylie before. I think part of them is jealous because they can't ride the bus too :o) and the other part is being lonely without their big sister. I'm excited about Xavier stepping up and being the big brother and for their relationship to deepen. I've already seen signs of this happening. It's also weird to be on the other side of the education system. I'm no longer the classroom teacher, but the parent! I suppose I'll have to remember all my amazing parents that I've learned from over the years while I was teaching and try to be like them. Encouraging, supportive, prepared, helpful and NICE :o)

So as I try to reestablish our home to run smoothly and with some grace, I'm fiercely trying to keep up with my photography. Yes, time management, ugh. Thanks for extra prayers this past week and lots of encouraging words.



On our way to the first day of school:



Right before we headed in:


Daddy spending some time in the classroom before sneaking out :o)

1 comment:

  1. How great that Josh went with you! You can see the excitement/apprehension in Kylie's face and that is just a gorgeous picture of you, Kiera.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here you will find all of my recent photography work, new product information, plus tidbits of my personal life. If you would like more information about booking a wedding or portrait/senior session, please visit either one of my websites. The link is at the top to the left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!